The Manga Guide to Linear Algebra
Reiji wants two things in Liefe: A black belt in karate and Misa, the girl of his dreams. Luckily, Misa´s big brother is the captain of the university karate club an is ready to strike a deal: Reiji can join the club if he tutors Misa in linear algebra.
Follow along in The Manga Guide to Linear Algebra as Reiji takes Misa from the absolute basics of this tricky subject through mind-bending operations like performing linear transformations, calculating determinants, and finding eigenvectors and eigenvalues. With memorable examples like miniature golf games and karate tornaments, Reiji transforms abstract concepts info something concrete, understandable, and even fun.
As you follow Misa through her linear algebra crash course, you´ll learn about:
- Basic vector and matrix operations such as addition, subtraction, and multiplication
- Linear dependence, independence, and bases
- Using Gaussian elimination to calculate inverse matrices
- Subspaces, dimension, and linear span
- Practical applications of linear algebra in fields like computer graphics, crytography, and engineering
Real math, real romance, and real action come together like never before in The Manga Guide to Linear Algebra.
- • Every college student struggling with this course
• Readers of The Manga Guide to Calculus and The Manga Guide to Statistics (30,000 copies sold)
• Public and school libraries
Autor / Autorin
Shin Takahashi was born 1972 in Niigata. He received a master´s degree from Kyushu Institute of Design (known s Kyushu University today). Having previously worked both as an analyst and as a seminar leader, he is now an author specializing in technical literature.